Author Topic: Signs to know if your cousin likes you?  (Read 94145 times)

mariosonic

Signs to know if your cousin likes you?
« on: Jan 23, 2010, 01:08 PM »
Hi, this is my first post! I'm really glad I found this site!

I just wanted to know if there were any sure-fire ways of knowing if your cousin likes you. This is for the benefits of everyone, not just me!

I mean, I love my second cousin, but I'm not really sure if she likes me. I don't know if she sees me as a cousin, a friend or a soulmate (like how I see her).

If anyone has any ideas, please post them! Did you already have a feeling that your cousin saw you more than a friend? Are there any hints for those involved with their cousin? As I said, this is for the benefit of everyone, so keep the ideas coming! :)

mariosonic
P.S. Hi from England!

Offline LadyC

• Administrator
    • Earth Psalts
Re: Signs to know if your cousin likes you?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 23, 2010, 03:46 PM »
sure-fire ways to tell...

your cousin tells you.

your cousin kisses you.

your cousin says she wants to marry you.

aside from that, everything is just speculation. most of the time, we can speculate pretty accurately, but only if we're the one experiencing everything taking place in the relationship.
If you want to hear God laugh, tell Him your plans! ~~ Van Zandt

mariosonic

« Reply #2 on: Jan 23, 2010, 04:38 PM »
Thanks for the reply!

The problem is, my cousin is very shy and I really doubt she would walk accross the hall to kiss me and tells me she loves me! Tbh, I should take the lead.

Under normal circumstances, I would have spoken to her and asked her out, but this is different. This is my cousin! Seeing this website made me realize that there is nothing wrong about cousin couples. But there is always a chance that my cousin would hate me for my 'sin' in falling in love with my cousin.

I've seen other people's comments and they advise that I start a conversation about cousincouples.com. But how can I talk about this amazing website without indirectly telling her that I love her and I want her to love me back?

Starcradle

« Reply #3 on: Jan 23, 2010, 07:22 PM »
Under normal circumstances, I would have spoken to her and asked her out, but this is different. This is my cousin! Seeing this website made me realize that there is nothing wrong about cousin couples. But there is always a chance that my cousin would hate me for my 'sin' in falling in love with my cousin.

I've seen other people's comments and they advise that I start a conversation about cousincouples.com. But how can I talk about this amazing website without indirectly telling her that I love her and I want her to love me back?

However indirect your endeavors, you cannot broach this subject without an inherent risk involved. If you casually mention an article you read regarding cousin couples, or speak of this site, or (insert a host of ideas here), there is a high probability that she will detect your motives, even if she subsequently talks herself out of them.

Offline LadyC

• Administrator
    • Earth Psalts
« Reply #4 on: Jan 23, 2010, 11:07 PM »
besides, a direct approach is better anyway. no matter how you beat around the bush, (for example... on the radio this morning they were talking about cousin marriage and they mentioned this site and what do you think?), if you don't just come right out and tell her how YOU feel, and take that risk, you're going to wonder what her reaction means.

and if she has any feelings for you, she's going to wonder what your question really means.

and then neither of you will be completely honest because you're both going to be afraid of what the other might think.

far better to just take the risk and say "hey. i'm asking you about this because i have feelings for you, and want to know if you might feel anything for me too."
If you want to hear God laugh, tell Him your plans! ~~ Van Zandt

Starcradle

« Reply #5 on: Jan 23, 2010, 11:36 PM »
I concur with LadyC. Merely hinting at things and striving to examine her behavior for any indication of reciprocity is emotionally exhausting and an expenditure of precious time. It also leaves you vulnerable to grave misinterpretations.

I strongly advise you to determine whether or not you are willing to assume all of the risks involved in this pursuit. If any doubt exists within your conscience, do not proceed. There have been some who have entered relationships, or pseudo relationships, with their cousins, despite lingering doubts and fears. However, this severely compromises one's ability to withstand opposition. The relationship will ultimately crumble if there is an unwillingness, a lack of firm determination, to confront all of the potential consequences; namely, the disapproval of family.

Offline ippoInPI

« Reply #6 on: Jan 24, 2010, 12:05 AM »
^^ what i did with my cousin was write a letter and gave it to her.I wasn't there when she read,i just left it on her bed.Then sent her a txt message saying i left something on her bed for her.She sent a txt message back saying we need to talk.At first she thought i was joking or playing a trick on her.So we sent about 600 txts back and forth talking about the subject.Then we met face to face and talked about it.I told her up front what i felt about her.She took it well ,she was very surprised and shocked which is understandable.After i left the Philippines we are still in touch we talk on ym,and i also call her on the phone.Early on she said she was starting to fall in love with me but didn't want to have those feelings.Now she says shes in love with me.The best thing to do is just to man up and do it.You have to take risks sometimes in your life.

Offline sillywoman

« Reply #7 on: Jan 24, 2010, 11:38 AM »
I agree with Lady C, upfront and honest would be your best bet.  It never matters who you like at first whether they are your cousins or not, finding out if they like you when you like them is always awkward.  But if they are not your cousins, your more likely to do it eventually.  You have to overcome the fact that she is your cousin and just be honest with her.  If she doesn't feel the same way, that's ok but at least you know she knows now and you won't have to live with those hidden feelings.  My cousin and I did the 'ol "if I weren't your cousin, would you go out with me" conversation.  It didn't happen right away but it gave us both food for thought when both our answers were yes!
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy it.

IsItEvenReal

« Reply #8 on: Jan 25, 2010, 09:34 AM »
Be a man and tell her how you feel =] and ask what she thinks about it.

if you're too scared to do it face to face, you can always call her {or text/e-mail her}, but in person is the best.

Jellybean

« Reply #9 on: Jul 31, 2011, 10:28 PM »
Plus.... You should try to spend more quality time together like alone at a house or cottage and talk and see if you have anything in common, and from there see if she likes you.                                              How to tell if she likes you is if....                                                                                                                       - looking in your eyes dreamy                                                                                                                  - glancing at your lips                                                                                                                              - may act shy or can't make eye contact                                                                                                   And a lot more, hopes this helps                                                                                                                        LOVE jellybean  :smiley:

mohd1996

« Reply #10 on: Oct 14, 2011, 08:40 AM »
Hi guys - girls plea as help me I am stuck . I love my cuson so much that I am reddy to do any thing for her but I can't tell her that because I am shy   :embarrassed: and so she is no one no about my love to her heaven her self and there is another thing we are Muslim . So pleaaas help me

Offline Virgolove

• Life is what you choose to make of it.
  • I'm 4ever ur Sweetheart! & I'm CRAZY 4 u 2!
« Reply #11 on: Oct 14, 2011, 02:20 PM »
Hi mohd1996,
Well u really only have two options:you can find the courage to tell her OR you will have to forever keep it inside. Yes she may freak out,she may not reciprocate ur love;however,if u keep it in u will be miserable forever,always wondering and torturing urself as to what could have been,watching as she dates other guys, and eventually u receive an invitation to her wedding with another man.I can only imagine How hard it is,my cousin made the first move when we told eachother.And it was hard for him I know.But hey I was blissful!Maybe ur cousin will b too :smiley: And u said u were Muslim that should help right? At least ur religion doesn't forbid it.

Also how old are u guys?Has she been brought up with negative prejudices toward the subject?Are either of u living on ur own?Best of luck   :cheesy:

People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness.Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost.   -H. Jackson Browne

Yellaboi 2.O.

« Reply #12 on: Nov 26, 2011, 03:39 AM »
This site has really taken away most of the shame forged in me because my love for my cousin.....but i need to know tht if she constantly leans against me....whenever we hug she lets me touch her a**....nd she constantly grabs my a**, if those r signs tht she likes me...

Offline Virgolove

• Life is what you choose to make of it.
  • I'm 4ever ur Sweetheart! & I'm CRAZY 4 u 2!
« Reply #13 on: Nov 26, 2011, 06:24 PM »
Hey Yellaboi2.0.,

Why not join up here? It can't hurt and u would have more options on this site.

Well I can't exactly interpret her actions for u.Some ppl are very open like this and it isn't a big deal to them and they don't mean anything by it.They are just naturally flirtatious.Is she like this with any of her platonic friends? Or even more so,if she is any bit close with any of her other cousins does she act this way with them?Personally if it were me,I wouldn't be lettin any of my cousins(except the cousin I love)be this grabby with my booty and I wouldn't be that touchy all over there's.But that is just me.Even yet I'm pretty flirtatious,so there is a good chance ur cuz likes u.

P.S. There is NO Shame in loving ur cousin.Don't let anyone make u feel that way!I'm glad to hear ur gettin over it. :smiley:
« Last Edit: Nov 27, 2011, 07:06 PM by Virgolove »
People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness.Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost.   -H. Jackson Browne

Aleena

« Reply #14 on: Dec 27, 2011, 08:11 PM »
I need some help. I am in love with my cousin but I don't know what to do about it. I am a girl but I am like 4 years older than him so who should make the first move.
My parents were cousins before they got married so neither me or my cousin have a problem with it.
I am also a Muslim so that should help but I who should make the first move me a girl or him a guy 4 years younger than me.
Please I need all the help I can get  :ok: