Author Topic: HELP IM PREGNANT WITH MY COUSIN"S BABY!  (Read 12725 times)

Offline bandk

HELP IM PREGNANT WITH MY COUSIN"S BABY!
« on: Mar 08, 2009, 01:13 PM »
I just found out I am pregnant with my twenty three year old cousin's baby. I am about a month along, and scared to death to tell our family. How do I tell them ??? I am sixteen years old and we have been together for sometime now. My family has no idea what we are together.My cousin knows I am pregnant and is very happy.
« Last Edit: Mar 08, 2009, 02:48 PM by bandk »

Offline Mistify

Re: HELP IM PREGNANT WITH MY COUSIN"S BABY!
« Reply #1 on: Mar 08, 2009, 02:23 PM »
It would be easier for us to give you advise if we knew more details.

How old are you? Are you 23 also?

Are you and your cousin in love or was it just a "cousins with benefits" type thing?

Does your cousin know your pregnant? How does he feel about it?

I assume your families didn't know you two were "together", or did they?

I'm not trying to be nosey but knowing these things would make a big difference on how people would advise you. There is a big difference if you are 15 or 18, if your families already knew about you two or not. Do you see what I'm saying?

Chances of birth defects are low, even for first cousins, so there's not much to worry about there. There are a few people here who have posted pictures of their children that they had with thier cousins- see "images" and "our children", but to advise you on telling your family it would definitely help to know more about your situation.
« Last Edit: Mar 08, 2009, 02:25 PM by Mistify »
It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not.

Offline KIMBER

« Reply #2 on: Mar 08, 2009, 05:36 PM »
OH HONEY,
 ITS OK PLEASE KNOW THAT.  I WAS IN YOUR SHOES 8 YEARS AGO.  GOD I JUST KNEW THAT OUR SON WOULED HAVE SOMETHING WRONG WITH HIM.  WELL HE IS EIGHT YEARS OLD AND HEALTHY!!!  SO IS OUR DAUGHTER THAT IS THREE.  TAKE A DEEP BREATH AND BE HAPPY.  MAKE SURE YOU DO YOUR RESERCH ALSO.  REMEMBER ITS ON A NEED TO KNOW BASES ONLY.  YOU DON'T HAVE TO TELL YOUR DOCTOR UNLESS YOU WANT TO.  CONGRATES GIRL!! :smiley:

Offline LadyC

• Administrator
    • Earth Psalts
« Reply #3 on: Mar 08, 2009, 09:34 PM »
you are 16. your cousin is 23. i'm not sure what the laws are in your state, but i hope you are of legal age of consent, because if you aren't, you have good reason to be afraid of telling your parents.

7 years is a HUGE age difference for you. ten years from now it would be nothing. heck, five years it wouldn't even be much, but at 16, that age gap is enormous. so expect a negative reaction from your folks... probably more over the age thing than over the cousin thing. but the good news is, your parents will love their grandchild, regardless of anything else.
If you want to hear God laugh, tell Him your plans! ~~ Van Zandt

Offline Kasienda

• Living in the moment
« Reply #4 on: Mar 11, 2009, 07:58 PM »
Well, it might be scary, but they're going to notice something evetually. Kind of hard to hide really.

So start with telling them just that you're pregnant. If you're having trouble saying the words tell them that you have something really important to tell them but that you're afraid of how they will react. This will prepare them and hopefully keep them relatively calm.

Be prepared for the backlash. They will want to know who the father is. When you tell them they will most likely be more angry with him than you. They will blame him for this happening because he is the adult. They most likely won't trust him anymore. They may even attempt to cut him out of your life completely.

Whatever happens or how they react, go in with the knowledge that the chances of a problem with your child is extremely low! Even though you're cousins that baby will most likely be fine. Don't even let your doctor convince you otherwise. This is an issue that many of them are not educated about.

You and your cousin need to sit down and figure out what you're going to do - how you're going to support, raise and take care of this child. This new responsibility may be more than you're ready for (most things in life are anyway - that's how we learn), but you will love that baby with every fiber of your being. Never regret what happened. This child is a gift. You may regret the timing, but never regret the child. Never.

As an adult you have to own up to what has happened and take responsiblity for it - that starts with telling your family. Even if they react badly that is what you have to do now.

Be brave! Stay strong! And I wish you the best of luck! Unfortunately, you'll probably need it.
« Last Edit: Mar 11, 2009, 08:15 PM by Kasienda »
Life is not what it is supposed to be. Life is what it is.